2014年7月10日星期四

Derbyshire firm John Smedley to put on fashion show for Queen

(Photo:formal dresses)
THE Queen will today be today be treated to an exclusive preview of a new John Smedley collection as modelled by employees of the luxury knitwear firm.
The show will feature Miriam Maclean, the 11-year-old daughter of managing director Ian, a descendent of the John Smedley who founded the business in 1784.
She said: "I'm really proud of my dad for inviting the Queen to visit John Smedley and I am totally amazed that I will get the chance to be a model in the fashion show.
"It's my first time doing anything like this, and we have been practising by walking up and down our living room in time to the music.
"I hope I won't be too nervous when the time comes to do it for real."
The spring/summer 2015 collection has been christened Sea Fever, after one of the first pieces of swimwear that the company produced in the 1930s.
Though the inspiration may come from the 1930s, the clothes feature a pioneering dyeing technique.
Stepping out of the studio to model the collection will also be designer Chloe Cooper, 24.
She said: "It is very exciting, if a little nerve-wracking, to be modelling the spring/summer 2015 collection.
"It is an amazing opportunity to be able to show our designs in front of the Queen and I feel incredibly privileged to be part of the John Smedley team."
Hoping to avoid stage fright today is first-time model and full-time web manager Bruce Slater, 40.
He said: "I'm proud and excited to wear a John Smedley garment for the showcase, although it's certainly nerve-wracking catwalking in front of the Queen and modelling is not necessarily my forte.

"This a huge event for the company and I can't wait to be part of it."Also read here:bridesmaid dresses

没有评论:

发表评论