2014年7月24日星期四

Local designer to host Lorain fashion show at Palace Theatre

(Photo:formal dresses)
Clothing designer Jevon Terance will move his annual fashion show to the Lorain Palace Theatre on July 27.
The Lorain-based fashion designer and clothing maker will host “VII,” the show to commemorate the seventh anniversary of his fashion line. The show will be on the stage with a runway shaped like a number ‘7’.
The show will be across Broadway and down the street from Terance’s boutique at 712 Broadway. The last two years Terance, 28, held the show at Lorain County Community College and this year’s show will be his first at the Lorain Palace Theatre.
“I want to make a point here,” Terance said. “I want to and will always make sure that people know where I am from.
“This is big,” he said. “It’s my seventh anniversary show and it’s on stage at the Palace Theatre, I want it to be special.”
Terance has been featured in more than 60 shows, including in Elyria and in South Lorain’s Oakwood Park.
He said the 2014 Lorain show will be his biggest, with complete pieces that Terance called his most complete and high fashion work so far.
“This is the year that I’ve decided that I would not show simply pieces, but complete looks — my dresses, my skirts, my handmade designed fabrics,” Terance said. “This collection is about my complete vision as a designer. It’s a lot of work, but it was time for me to do this.”
Since he started his fashion line, Terance said he did not see anyone else designing and
making clothes like he did around Northeast Ohio. That has changed in recent years, Terance said, and it will be good for all the designers.
In 2011 Terance went online with JevonTerance.com and in winter 2012 he opened his boutique as part of Lorain’s pop-up shop program, in which City Hall staff matched small businesses with vacant storefronts on Broadway.

“I’m not going anywhere,” Terance said. “No matter where I wind up I want to always be the designer from Lorain, Ohio. That is what I am here to show everyone this year at the Palace.”Also read here:formal dresses sydney

没有评论:

发表评论